July 3, 2012

STRIPER FISHING
Stewiacke River


I tried my hand at Striper Fishing on the Stewiacke River and this season finally had great luck. During previous years I have fished the Annapolis River without success. Jon and I hit gold this year with a extraordinary catch. I got 12 of which the largest was 20 pounds. Jon landed 11 fish with one over 25 pounds. 


Shortly after this outing Bill Foster, Micheal Fowler and I also had another great day on the river; however, Bill was the only angler to land a fish. Jon had several trips to the River with his friends and was successful on most of these outings. Unfortunately, all the fish were caught during a catch and release period and we could not keep any for a feed. Include are photos taken by Jon and Micheal. 


 Double click to enlarge pictures.




The Stewiacke River. A great place to fish.

Micheal, Bob and Bill having a great day.
Jon about to land a big striper.


Bill with his catch. 


Jon with one of his monsters.

A very tranquil evening. I really enjoy fishing during this time of the day.
Another great catch.

I estimate that this one was over 20 pounds.

A 25 pounder.


Another of the 12 fish I landed on the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Genevieve - All Blog No Bull!

Powered by Blogger