May 23, 2008

2008 SHAD FISHING TRIP

I was able to join some of my retired CHS colleagues to partake in a day of shad fishing in Middleton on May 22, 2008. John Ferguson, Malcom Jay, Bob Hasse, Dave Blaney and myself had a great day. The fishing was not the best with only two fish landed and three hooked. I managed to land a small shad and hook another, which got loose just as I was about to bring it up on the river bank.

I was not able to join the group for the 2007 outing but had a great time a year earlier on my first shad fishing adventure. They are a lot of fun to fish, put up a great fight when hooked and are not worth eating. It is a catch and release sport. I have included a picture that I downloaded from the web to show that fishing is Nova Scotia is not as crowed as in the US!


Double click to enlarge pic.





Left to Right - Dave, Bob, Jay, Bob & John


The fish are not biting!


Still no action.


A mosaic of the day


This is what our fishing friends in the US have to put up with.


Fishing is not so crowded in Middleton.


A mosaic of the 2006 trip. We caught a lot more fish that year.


A picture from the 2006 trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Genevieve - All Blog No Bull!

Powered by Blogger