March 7, 2008

PANORAMIC PHOTOGRAPHY

I have always wanted to try my hand at panoramic photography. This past Thursday was a fine day so I went to Eastern Passage, setup my camera on a tripod and snapped a series of pictures. A single panoramic picture can be made from a set of overlapping digital images by using a panoramic stitching program. It is amazing how these programs rotate, warp, distort, blend and merge individual photos to give a single seamless image where it is almost impossible to spot any edges or joints. The helicopter flew by after the sequence of shots were taken, so I took a picture of the aircraft and added an overlay to give the impression that it was part of the overall image.

A 50 mm lense was used for this test and information that I found on the WEB after taking the photos suggested that better results are possible if a shorter focal length is used.

Double Click to enlarge pic





Be sure to press the left key when moving the mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Genevieve - All Blog No Bull!

Powered by Blogger