February 19, 2007

More Photoshop Stuff

Photoshop Masks, Layers and Channels


Double Click to enlarge Photo



I have been spending a considerable amount of time and effort attempting to master Photoshop. It is not an easy program to use and the going is slow. It is a very capable piece of software and once it has been mastered, to a reasonable degree, it can be used to do an endless number of things with or to photos.

Layers, masks ad channels have been the areas that I have concentrated on over the past few days. How they function and interact is confusing; however, I think I am finally getting some of the fundamentals down. As an example, I combined a moon and shipwreck shot (from the WEB) and applied masking and layering effects to come up with the following composite. This is my first (successful?) attempt using these Photoshop tools.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Genevieve - All Blog No Bull!

Powered by Blogger